4 Unmistakable Signs to Know It's Time to Jump into a New Career
December 4, 2019
Can you believe 2019 is nearly over? It’s the perfect time to take a look at the goals you have met and those that you still want to accomplish personally and professionally for the remaining calendar year. The new year brings ample opportunity to reflect on your current professional path and decide if you’re ready for a change.
1. You want more ownership of your future.
For many people, finding their purpose and the right professional path is a journey that takes time. If you’re ready to take control of your long-term goals, you’re likely an optimistic and ambitious individual. To better equip yourself for a new change, follow these easy-to-implement tips to help you identify what you’re most passionate about.
- Take Notes - Find out what drives you and what you’re passionate about, as well as the times you may feel you’re ready for a new challenge. Maybe your calling is to make a difference in people’s lives, and you’re ready for an opportunity that is rewarding and fulfilling. Taking notes about the type of work you’re doing when you feel your inner fire at its highest and lowest points is an excellent way to discover what matters most to you.
- Channel Your Curiosity - Even though you may not be able to pinpoint what it is you want to do in your next venture, you’re probably curious about a wide range of disciplines, industries and interests. The key to finding an invaluable opportunity is first channeling what it is that inspires you, and determining ways to align your interests and passions with your strongest skillsets.
- Create an Action Plan - Think about where you see yourself in three, five, or even ten years. Whether you dream of owning and growing a business or creating your own flexible schedule, a step-by-step action plan is a great way to prioritize your most important life goals.
2. You dream of leading a successful team.
Driven employees sometimes find that they have reached as high as they can in their current vocation while still longing for more. If you wish for a chance to manage a team or become a leader in your industry, it’s important to find opportunities that encourage this.
- As you begin or continue your job search, use social media to increase your professional networks and establish yourself as a thought-leader.
- Reach out on LinkedIn - Grow your network and connect professionally.
- Join Local Industry Facebook Groups - Getting in touch with the local scene can allow you to meet other professionals in your area.
- Start sharing - Whether it’s on Facebook or LinkedIn, sharing content that interests you will start to connect you to people with similar interests.
3. You’re excited to grow your skills and overcome new projects.
Find an opportunity that encourages you to learn new skills and exposes you to new challenges that allow you to develop your professional experience. At Farm Bureau Financial Services, you'll work with your agency manager to set measurable goals, which will help keep you on track and motivate you to be the best you can be year after year.
4. You want a healthy work/life balance.
When considering whether you should stay or leave your current line of work, keep in mind that while your career should allow you to achieve your dreams and professional goals, you should also find pleasure in it. Whether you prefer to set your own schedule or have unlimited earning potential, it’s important to find a business opportunity that provides a healthy balance outside of work, too.
At the end of the day, you want to work for a company that fits just right. If you’re ready for a new opportunity that allows you to take ownership of your future and help those in your community, becoming a Farm Bureau agent might be for you.