Social Responsibility at Farm Bureau: Committed to Improving Our Communities
June 1, 2023
When you join Farm Bureau Financial Services, you join an organization that’s committed to social responsibility. We care about what happens in our communities, so we give back to them in big ways, and we want to attract agents and employees who share that passion.
Many corporate employees, and almost all of our 1,400 agents, do public service work. Together, we make an impact. Every hour, every dollar and every item donated makes a difference. Our commitment to corporate social responsibility is improving communities and the lives of the people who live there.
Plus, volunteering with your colleagues and other community members gives you valuable opportunities to foster connections and build a network of people who share your values.
Support the Causes and Organizations That Matter to You
Team members across our footprint are determined to make a positive impact in areas that matter to them. Here’s a snapshot of causes we supported in 2022.
- Food insecurity. This was our corporate focus in 2022, so many of our activities centered around food insecurity. Employees:
- Assembled breakfast casseroles for YMCA supportive housing
- Packaged more than 92,000 meals for Meals from the Heartland
- Packed backpacks to feed school children
- Gave over 3,300 pounds of food to the food bank, including fresh produce from the Giving Garden
- Donated 1,600 meals to Feeding the Future
- Packaged 500 snack bags for the food bank
- Staffed a bi-monthly Meals on Wheels route
- Served over 250 meals at the Ag United Food Hall
- Packaged over 50,000 meals for Meals of Hope
- Put together over 11,000 meals for Feed Our Starving Children
Employees also raised money as departments, designated reward points to food-related organizations and supported the company in giving nearly $23,000 to the food bank.
- Support for Families in Need. Employees:
- Gave nearly $45,000 for Variety Children’s Charity
- Supplied holiday gifts for local families
- Provided clothing and hygiene supplies to a homeless shelter
- Gathered winter items for local organizations to hand out
- Affordable housing. Across multiple states, employees volunteered with Habitat for Humanity for a total of 370 hours.
- Care for soldiers. Forty-six employees put together 150 care packages for soldiers deployed in Kuwait.
- Financial education. Employees taught high school students about budgeting.
- Mental health. Employees sponsored a runner for the 437 Project bringing awareness to mental health in rural areas.
- Supporting our Communities. Employees saw their United Way donations make a big impact, with a dollar-for-dollar corporate match and an additional match for new donors. Total giving to local United Way organizations across our eight multi-line states was nearly $920,000.
This is just a sampling of the community involvement our employees are regularly engaging in. This commitment to caring for our communities centers around agents; they not only care for their friends and neighbors through their business, but also with their free time.
Join Us and Make an Impact
At FBFS, corporate social responsibility is just one way we support our agents and employees.
With us, you can grow your business and be part of an organization that supports your growth, cares for your clients, values you and your clients and has served its communities for more than 80 years. Are you ready? Learn more about what sets Farm Bureau apart.