How to Stand out in the Crowd Online
June 18, 2020
With so much information available online, it can be hard to stand out and get noticed by potential client/members. That’s why Farm Bureau provides a digital marketing plan for its insurance agents, as well as personal insurance agent websites, to help set them apart from the competition.
Here, we tackle some of the best ways that you as an insurance agent can expand your reach, including social media marketing, which can help you improve your online presence, find new prospects and enhance your current client/member relationships.
Create a Personal Website
Today, 88% of consumers look up information online about a product before they buy — and that includes signing on with an insurance agent. So it’s critical for insurance agents to have a personal website that gives potential and current client/members a place to go to find out more about them.
To help its insurance agents connect potential client/members with information about insurance products, Farm Bureau offers individual agent websites. Agents can customize their websites to showcase their best traits, their staff and team of experts, along with their community involvement.
5 Things Your Agent Website Should Include
Creating compelling content for a website is not a quick and easy task. Before getting started, decide what will attract prospects and help you stand apart from your competition. Be sure to include these five things:
- Start With Your Elevator Pitch: When people land on your website, they need to know who you are, what you do and why they should trust you with their business. Customize your welcome message to share why you’re in the insurance business and why you’re passionate about serving your community — and them. Try to let your personality shine through your writing style so readers feel like they are getting to know the real you.
- Provide Quality Content: The most effective way to provide your audience with engaging content is through a blog. Farm Bureau provides blog articles that cover a variety of topics related to insurance so your prospects and client/members can learn more about the company and the topics that matter most to them.
- Showcase Your Best Work: On a website that’s all about you, it’s okay to brag a little bit. Providing your customers with real-life success stories and personal anecdotes in your introduction will give them the confidence to trust you with their insurance needs. It also doesn’t hurt if they can relate to you and even like you!
- Include Testimonials From Client/Members: Visitors want to know how you helped real people, but they don’t always want to hear it from you. For this reason, you should include positive feedback from satisfied client/members. When you’re there for people during their time of need, they’ll often be more than happy to pay back the favor and share the wonderful experience they had with you.
- Add Your Contact Information: As a Farm Bureau agent, your basic contact information and office location details are automatically included on your agent website. Adding social media handles or links in your welcome message is also a great way for your audience to stay up-to-date with what you’re doing to help your — and their — community.
Create a Listing on Google
Google My Business (GMB) helps local businesses stand out online and will literally put you on the map. Setting up a listing helps your business appear in Google search results so you’re more likely to appear when people in your area are searching for an insurance agency.
Farm Bureau will create your GMB profile to include your name, address and phone number, as well as business hours and photos. The more information you give Google about your business, the better. Don’t worry if you don’t know how to get started setting up a GMB account; Farm Bureau will guide you along the way.
Use Business Pages on Social Media Platforms
Creating business pages on social media helps you increase your reach to potential client/members. Having an account that’s separate from your personal social media allows you to stick to a focused theme and have a professional place to post about your business. We recommend agents set up separate business accounts on Facebook and LinkedIn. If you need help improving your LinkedIn profile, here are some tips to try.
Best Practices for Insurance Agents on Social Media
Post Useful Content
Sharing news that is useful for client/members keeps them coming back for more. Farm Bureau provides many social posts through our tools, and agents can share Learning Center articles on their website. And remember to add your website URL to your social profiles.
Show the Community You Care
Since most of your followers will most likely be people in your neighborhood that you have personal connections with, don’t be afraid to share information about yourself. Personal stories about your passions perform very well on social media and give your audience a deeper understanding of why you love what you do. It’s also a great idea to share community events you’re involved in to show other ways you’re contributing — and committed — to helping those around you.
Stay Engaged With Your Followers
Good content usually earns comments or reactions from users. If people are asking questions or trying to reach out to you, be sure to respond in a timely manner. Replying shows that you care and want to build a relationship with them. But remember to take any detailed conversations offline.
Use Your Strengths to Set Yourself Apart From Competitors
When determining what to post online, ask yourself: What do I do that no one else does? What are my strengths? What experiences and insights do I have that make me a successful agent and help me provide the best services to my client/members?
Use the answers you came up with on your agent website and social media platforms. Personalizing your information and showing the community your values will help you stand out among other agents and encourage prospects to choose you as their insurance agent.
We’re Here to Help You Succeed
At Farm Bureau, we’re continuously improving our efforts to reach client/members in a way that’s convenient for them. To that end, we help our insurance agents set up new technologies that give them the opportunity to build better relationships. Contact us to join a team that sets you up for success.